Clearance Application Directions for Volunteers
To complete the Child Abuse Clearance application, you will need:
Act 34 Criminal Background Check (No fee for unpaid volunteer application)
- A valid working Email address;
- The addresses of everywhere you have lived since 1975;
- The full name, relationship, gender, & current age of everyone (parents,
siblings, children, etc.) you have lived with since 1975;
- All of your previous names / maiden names / nicknames.
Criminal reports may be obtained electronically from the Pennsylvania State
Police at https://epatch.state.pa.us/.
Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance (No fee for unpaid volunteer application) Valid for 5 years
- Click on "New Record Check (volunteers only)"
- Read, click the check box at the bottom of the page and click to "accept"
the Volunteer Acknowledgement
- Complete the Personal Information Page
- Reason is Pre-filled as Volunteer
- Organization Name: Presbyterian Church of Plum Creek
- Organization Telephone: 412-793-4525
- Enter YOUR full name & current address
- Click "next"
- Review Personal Information and verify the information by clicking
- Complete the Record Check Request Form fields and click on "enter this
- A 2nd RCRF screen comes up, don't fill it in - just click
"finished" at bottom of page
- Record Check Request Review - Review and click on "submit"
- You should receive your results within several minutes
- Once the search results page appears, click on the Control Number to open
the details page
- Click on "Certification Form" (Then "OK" in Print Instructions pop-up
window) to access your official clearance document
- "Print" a copy and bring it to the church for their records
- "Save" a PDF copy of your Criminal Record Check Response to your computer
If experiencing issues with Internet Explorer, please try a different web
The Child Abuse report application may be obtained electronically at
If you have lived outside of Pennsylvania at any time within the past 10
years, then you must apply for the Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report.
College and military service count if you lived outside Pennsylvania.
- "Create Individual Account" - you will need:
- An email address;
- A 6 - 10 character username;
- A password; minimum length 8 characters; must include at least one
character of each - upper case letter, lower case letter, numeric digit,
- Follow the prompts to create a PA Keystone ID. A temporary password will be
sent to your Email
- Login using your temporary password, follow the prompts for creating your
- Login again using your new password:
- Click "Individual Login"
- Click "Access My Clearances"
- Click "Create Clearance Application"
- Read through and click "Begin" at the bottom of the page
- Application Purpose: Volunteers Having Contact With Children
- Volunteer Category: Other
- Agency Name: Presbyterian Church of Plum Creek
- Enter in your name, birthday, gender, "yes" for Social Security Number,
- Complete the remaining sheets by clicking on the "+" to add an entry,
complete the fields in the pop-up window, click "Add"
- Click on "next" at the bottom of each page
- When you click "next" on the "Household Members" page, you may see a
"Relationship Not Entered" pop-up window. One reason may be that you did not
enter any 'parent' household members. If you have not lived with your parent(s)
since 1975, then click "Continue Anyways"
- Proceed through Review Application Summary, eSignature, Application Payment
("No" code provided by organization), and finally "Submit Application"
- Within minutes you will receive an Email notification that your application
was received. Within 14 days you will receive an Email notification that your
application has been processed
- Login again to print your clearance document
If you are not required to apply for the Federal (FBI) Criminal History
Report, please print and sign this form (2015 PCPC Volunteer Affirmation)
and bring it in place of the Federal Criminal History Report.
Act 114 Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report ($25.75 fee by credit card)
Federal (FBI) Criminal reports may be obtained electronically from the
Pennsylvania State Police at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm.
Please submitt all 3 ORIGINAL clearances to The
Presbyterian Church of Plum Creek at one time. We will make a copy and return
the originals to you.
- Click "Department of Human Services"
- Click on "Register Online" on the right side of the screen
- Fill out the form (Reason is - employment with a significant likelihood of
regular contact with children)
- You will be required to enter a valid credit card, which will be charged
- Complete the fields for credit card information.
- Once registered online, print the receipt. You will need to bring the
receipt and photo id to an approved fingerprint site. The following is a list
of approved sites in our area. (Call first to be sure they are open).
|The UPS Store 1835
|The UPS Store 0730
|The UPS Store 5726
|Intermediate Unit 3
- Once your fingerprints have been scanned, keep the receipt as your proof.